Tuesday 10 March 2009

Reading in bed

There are few things better than reading in bed. Ever since I was a child, being tucked up in bed with a book has been one of my greatest pleasures and it's something that I took for granted until pretty recently when I've been so knackered that all I can think about when I get to bed to cramming in as much sleep as possible before I have to wake up and get on the train to work again.
I'm taking a stand and promising to go to bed earlier and read because it is a simple indulgence -especially in the winter on cold dark evenings. The experience is made even better by a cup of tea, clean, crisp sheets and as many pillows as possible to prop yourself off.
Right, I'm off to bed, with my book (Half of a Yellow Sun, if you're interested). Good night.

No comments: